December 04, 2020

O Come O Come Emmanuel

Just as there are carols for Christmas, there are beautiful songs for Advent. Monday I shared Handel’s Comfort Ye My People / Every Valley. Another is Come, O Long Expected Jesus and of course, On Jordan’s Bank. My favorite is still O Come O Come Emmanuel. I love the Latin version but have chosen this one in English because of the beautiful images of the Annunciation and Nativity. The last picture is the most striking – an image of the crucified Christ, because even at Christmas we need to think about the crucifixion, death, and resurrection of Jesus, the reason He was born into this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye...for now

I began this blog on November 16, 2020, and now comes the time to bring it to an end. Or at least put it on hiatus. November 16, 2021, is th...