December 18, 2020

Psalm 13

Have you ever felt as though your struggles are so severe that it seems God has abandoned you? Is He so silent sometimes that you think He is ignoring you? Many of the saints felt that way sometimes, and so did David, the most famous psalmist. The thing they all had in common was that when these feelings arose, they doubled down on their faith. 

Here, in Psalm 13, David goes from despair to rejoicing in the Lord in three short stanzas. He moans, he prays, and then is comforted because of his belief. Oh, that we all could turn to God in our sorrow and take that leap of faith that the Lord has dealt bountifully with us.

Psalm 13

How long, O Lord? Wilt though forget me for ever? How long wilt though hide thy face from me? How long must I bear pain in my soul, and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?

Consider and answer me, O Lord my God; lighten my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death; lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed over him”; lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.

But I have trusted in thy steadfast love; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because he has dealt bountifully with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye...for now

I began this blog on November 16, 2020, and now comes the time to bring it to an end. Or at least put it on hiatus. November 16, 2021, is th...